— The National Weather Service expects winds of 55-65 mph for Hampton Roads. Along the VB Coast 65-75 mph.
— The Flooding threat is at it’s highest Friday around 4pm at high tide.
— Move your car to high ground. Norfolk City Garages open Thursday at 6pm. Vehicles must be moved by Noon Saturday.
York Street Garage, Fountain Park, Main Street, Freemason, West Plume, Town Point Garage
ODU parking garages open at 5pm Thursday. Norfolk residents must remove their vehicles by 8am Monday
— Chesapeake city officials issued a voluntary evacuation order for residents in Zone A areas. They suggest moving vehicles or temporarily relocating to higher ground or a city shelter.
— Mandatory evacuation order issued for Sandbridge starting tonight at 6 p.m. Residents in Zone A and low-lying areas in Virginia –Beach can voluntarily evacuate.
— Mandatory evacuation order from Pasquotank/Camden/Elizabeth City Emergency Management for these areas in zone A
— Voluntary evacuation for Zone A residents in Portsmouth
— The City of Newport News will open an Emergency Shelter at Warwick High School (51 Copeland Lane) at 5 p.m. today. Pets are welcome, however owners must remain at the shelter with their pets (no drop-offs). Pet owners must bring food, water & should also bring a crate/kennel.
— The City of Hampton will open Emergency Shelters at 5pm. There will be no trash pick up on Friday.
— Chesapeake:City of Chesapeake shelters will open at 8 p.m. on Thursday. Shelters will be located at:
- Oscar Smith High School, (1994 Tiger Drive) – For the general population.
- Western Branch Middle School (4201 Hawksley Drive) – For the general population.
- Greenbrier Middle School, (1016 Greenbrier Pkwy) – For those with medical needs.
- Chesapeake Animal Services, (2100 Military Hwy) – Pets only.
— Norfolk: Three shelters are opening beginning at 7 p.m. Thursday: Bayview Rec Center (pet-friendly) – 8613 Willow Terrace Blvd; Norview High School (medical services) – 6501 Chesapeake Blvd; Southside STEM Academy – 1106 Campostella Rd
— The City of Portsmouth will open an emergency shelter for residents in at 12 p.m. Thursday at I.C. Norcom High School, 1801 London Boulevard, medical needs accommodations on site.
— Newport News: The city is opening a shelter at Warwick High School, 51 Copeland Lane at 5 p.m. Thursday for those who have no alternative.
— Suffolk: The city is opening an emergency shelter at 5 p.m. Thursday King’s Fork High School, 351 Kings Fork Road.
— Virginia Beach: The following shelters will be open to residents:
- Kellam High School, 2665 West Neck Road, will open at 6 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 5.
- Citizens who are seeking shelter at Kellam CAN shelter their pets as well.
- Edward E. Brickell Academy for Advanced Academics and Arts, 4639 Honeygrove Road, will open at 6 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 5.
- Pets are NOT allowed at this shelter (except assistance dogs).
The Virginia Beach Animal Care and Adoption Center, 341 S. Birdneck Road, can assist people who need shelter arrangements for pets.