Virginia Beach’s 28 miles of beach, from Chesapeake Bay and the Oceanfront to Croatan and Sandbridge as well as the state’s First Landing State Park beach, have reopened to recreational activity.
COVID-19 Beach Regulations
The regulations will be posted at each beach access and enforced. They include:
- Stay 6-ft. apart — Governor Northam’s Executive Order 55 requires individuals to maintain social distancing of at least six feet from any other person, with the exception of family members
- 10 people or less — Executive Order 61 prohibits all public and private in-person gatherings of more than 10 individuals
- No speakers
- No large coolers – 39 quarts or less
- No alcohol
- No tents, canopies OR groups of umbrellas (keep it to 1 or 2)
- No group sports (volleyball, football, Frisbee, etc.)
In addition, the City will not provide or support any activities or programming that generate mass gatherings and will keep all beach playsets closed.