Friday through Sunday (August 7-9, 2020) is Tax-Free Shopping Weekend in Virginia.
Purchases of certain school supplies priced at less than $20 and certain clothing and footwear priced at less than $100 per item can be purchased tax-free.
Qualifying hurricane and emergency preparedness items, and Energy Star™ and WaterSense™ products may also be purchased without paying sales tax.
- Hurricane and emergency preparedness products
- Portable generators – $1,000 or less per item
- Gas-powered chainsaws – $350 or less per item
- Chainsaw accessories – $60 or less per item
- Other specified hurricane preparedness items – $60 or less per item
- Energy Star™ and WaterSense™ products
- Qualifying Energy Star™ or WaterSense™ products purchased for noncommercial home or personal use – $2,500 or less per item
For a list of what items you can purchase tax-free this year and additional detail on the process Click HERE.